Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Archangel Michael for Modern Bible Stories

 
The Archangel Michael.  This piece came to me one day as I was shopping around for a new concept in the Modern Bible Stories series.  Angel's are beautiful but sexless.  So I wanted a model who could give me that beauty and that depth.  So a female was important to portray the juxtaposition of a liminal state.  And that hair!!!  Pure perfection!  Thanks goes to Rip Williams for the props.  Couldn't have done it without the sword and shield.  And to Nathan Perry for the artistic talents to portray the wings.  They were just amazing.  For photographer Shirley Soccoccia , this was her very first shoot in the studio....ever.  She did an amazing job.  She also did the edits.  Valerie Reinbold is the fantastic model for this piece.
 
I may do some of the other angels in the pantheon now.  These came out stunning.   




3 comments: